Tuesday, April 19, 2011

act 5: journals

I am so tired of all this death, first my father and now my dear Ophelia. I’m done with this; I’m just tired of life. They all think I’m crazy, even that so called gravedigger thinks I was sent to England to recover from my madness. The truth is I’m not crazy they are. They just make me mad. I bet no one would even care to remember me when I pass, just as everyone has poor old Yorick. Oh just as how someone so noble as Alexander the Great could once rule the world and now his ashes could be turned into meaningless dust.
Sincerely,
Hamlet

Oh my Lord, I can’t believe what just happened. Where do I begin? What am I supposed to tell the people? I have to tell them the truth, that the late king Hamlet was really murdered by his own brother Claudius. So Claudius could be king and marry Hamlet’s mother. They will probably wonder who will be king now that the whole royal family is dead including Lord Polonius and his children. I myself am not even sure what the future holds for Denmark.
Until next time,
Horatio

No comments:

Post a Comment